Terms & Conditions
Creating Your Account
- You don’t have to create an account to shop with us, but it’s much more convenient if you do. You can check out faster, create multiple delivery addresses, check your order history, track new orders and save items to your wish list.
Viewing and Selecting Products
- If you’ve created an account, sign in on the landing page. You can access our full product range on the left side of the page. Select a category and compare products or sort products in that category according to price or other criteria.
- Clicking on an individual product takes you to that product’s page. You are now able to add this product and the quantity required to your shopping cart. You can carry on browsing through the website, adding items to your shopping cart as you go.
- Click on the View Shopping Cart button to checkout and complete your transaction. This button is always visible at the top of every page, and once selected, provides a visual list of all the products placed in your shopping cart. Change quantities or remove products from your shopping cart, as you please.
- Our database will generally save your shopping cart contents for at least 48 hours. When you return and login to your account, simply click on the View Cart link at the top of the home page and your shopping cart should be as you’d left it.
- Click on the Calculate Shipping & Handling button in order to see the shipping costs on your purchase. You will need to Select your Province if in South Africa and then click on the Calculate Shipping & Handling button.
- Select the best option for you, please click on the Update Shipping Cost button in order to add this cost to your order total. You may now Proceed to Checkout. On the Express Checkout page, you have the added option of supplying a separate Shipping and Billing address, if required.
Terms and Agreement of Sale
- Placing an item in a shopping basket or adding it to your wish list without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an agreement of sale between TECHNICAL BOOKS and any user. An agreement of sale only comes into effect, when, upon completion of the purchase cycle, an approved authorization is received from the user’s bank.
- TECHNICAL BOOKS reserve the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reasons. TECHNICAL BOOKS reserve the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate and shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the user.
- No goods or products will be supplied or dispatched without full and final payment being received for such goods, no credit terms of any nature are available.
- You’re able to Purchase a Gift Certificate for any occasion by clicking on the Gift Certificates link at the top of any page. Gift Certificates are e-mailed to the recipient in a gift format with your special message included. Please note that Gift Certificates cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable / non-assignable.
- When purchasing on the TECHNICAL BOOKS website, only one Gift Certificate can be used per transaction. Gift Certificates can only be redeemed against the products listed on the TECHNICAL BOOKS website.
- At the bottom of every individual Product Page you’re able to comment and review a product for the benefit of others. We always appreciate feedback from our customers and you’re welcome to let us know your comments.
- The shipping destination within South Africa will determine the shipping options available to you.
- Delivery to Regional Areas (defined as 0-50 kilometres outside main centres)
- Delivery to Outlying Areas (defined as 50+ kilometres outside main centre)
- Delivery to Main Centres
- Delivery charges vary depending on whether you need delivery to a major centre, regional or outlying area. If there are two or more major centres in a selected province select the outlying area of the major centre closest to you.
- The shipping rates for most items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its Product Description Page. Please note that delivery charges are non-refundable.
Risk of Loss / Insurance
- All items purchased from TECHNICAL BOOKS and deliverable via a courier company are insured in transit
Product Availability and Delays
- Every effort is made to fulfil and deliver your order within 2-4 weeks from order placement and payment confirmation. We will inform you as soon as possible if, for any reason, the manufacturing of the goods you have ordered are delayed or postponed due to higher than / or lower than anticipated demand that is beyond our control. TECHNICAL BOOKS will supply you with an adjusted product availability and delivery timescale at which point you may choose to accept the adjusted delivery date or request a refund.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
- At TECHNICAL BOOKS, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products and the product brands and manufacturers we supply.
- TECHNICAL BOOKS aim to please and will endeavour to rectify any errors or faulty goods as a matter of urgency, subject to the terms & conditions mentioned in this Returns & Refunds Policy.
- Upon Delivery
- Upon receipt please inspect your purchase and notify us within twenty-four hours if you have received an incorrect or defective item. Email email@example.com or make use of Live Chat on our website.
- TECHNICAL BOOKS will issue an emailed Goods Return Authorisation (GRA) before goods may be returned.
- Please note that TECHNICAL BOOKS will not refund original or return shipping costs, handling or insurance charges, or, if applicable, import or export duties or any other fees or charges imposed by any government agencies or officials whatsoever.
- TECHNICAL BOOKS reserve the right to inspect the condition and contents of any returned product/s and adjust refund amounts if applicable, according to the conditions described herein:
- In the event you return only a portion of the product, your refund shall be reduced by the purchase price of the non-returned portion of the product and may be withheld pending the complete return of the product.
- Refunds shall be reduced and may be withheld if returned products show evidence (as determined by TECHNICAL BOOKS) of damage due to careless handling, improper re-packaging, transit or impact damage, misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, acts of nature, unusual temperatures or humidity, improper installation, or repairs attempted where such repairs were made without TECHNICAL BOOKS approval.
- If applicable please retain your shipping information, including tracking numbers, until your request has been properly attended to.
- Refunds on Returns
- Please allow for at least 7 days to process your refund once we have received your returned goods. The refund will be credited to the payment bank account. If you have an e-mail address, we will send you confirmation of your refund.
- Orders Returned After 10 Days
- Orders returned later than 10 days after receipt of delivery will receive only a partial refund, the value of which to be determined at the sole and exclusive discretion of TECHNICAL BOOKS.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Welcome to the TECHNICAL BOOKS website.
- Please review the following Terms and Conditions.
- It is important to note that the use of this website, including use through an electronic agent, is subject to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ below.
- Your browsing this website or purchasing products from us constitutes your full acceptance and legal compliance with these Terms and Conditions, including any privacy or other policies which may appear elsewhere on this website. Please read them carefully as they contain important information. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, then further use of this website is prohibited.
- “the website owner” and “we” means TECHNICAL BOOKS
- “user/s” means any person accessing any part of the website and includes anyone, who enters or intends entering into an electronic transaction with this website as the end-user of the goods or services offered by this website
- “this website” means WWW.TECHNICALBOOKS.CO.ZA
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- The entire compilation of content on this website including but not limited to product designs, images, text, graphics, logos, trade-marks, button icons, PDF downloads, data compilations, and software, is held by or licensed as the exclusive property of TECHNICAL BOOKS and / or its content suppliers. As such the website owner asserts and reserves all its rights, including moral rights, in this regard. No right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained in this website is granted to users other than what is set out below.
- Users may download, view and print content from this website strictly for private and non-commercial purposes. You may not modify, distribute or re-post any information, content, images or designs on this website for any purpose whatsoever. Copyright infringements and violations are subject to legal action governed by South African and international legislative and law treaties. Commercial infringements shall be published on this website. This shall hold true in particular where it is found that large retail establishments or wholesale concerns copy and re-create content from this website for commercial gain or for any other purpose, whatsoever, that infringe on TECHNICAL BOOKS intellectual property rights. Any website or other media found illicitly using TECHNICAL BOOKS designs, product images, text, graphics, logos, trade-marks, button icons, PDF downloads, data compilations, and software shall be liable to a minimum copyright and intellectual property usage fee of R600.00 per item per day of use, backdated to the initial date of infringement.
- When browsing the website, sending e-mails or any other data message, a user consents to receiving electronic communication from TECHNICAL BOOKS and agrees that all such written agreements, notifications and disclosures satisfy any statutory requirements, including but not limited to, the requirement that all such matters be ‘committed to writing’. Data messages, including e-mail messages, sent by users to the website owner shall be deemed received only when acknowledged or responded to.
- The website owner reserves the right not to respond to any e-mail or other data message which contains obscene, threatening, defamatory or otherwise illegal, unlawful or inappropriate content, and to take the appropriate action against the sender of such e-mail where necessary.
- While all reasonable security precautions are taken, no liability will lie with the website owner for damage caused by the malicious use of this website or by destructive data or code that is passed on to the user using this website. The following acts in connection with this website are expressly prohibited:
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any web page or part of this website;
- Delivering or attempting to deliver any unauthorized or malicious code or content to this website; and/or
- Any amendment to or attempt to amend any of the content or any other part of this website by unauthorized persons.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, TECHNICAL BOOKS makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials, products or services included on, or otherwise made available to you through this website, unless otherwise specified in writing. TECHNICAL BOOKS shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information, content, materials, products or services contained or otherwise made available on this website. You expressly agree that your use of this website, whether browsing or purchasing is at your own discretion and sole risk.
- Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the website owner, its officers, employees, ISPs, servants, suppliers, subcontractors, partners, subsidiaries and affiliates from any demand, action or application or other proceedings, including for attorney’s fees and related costs such as tracing fees, made by any third party and arising out of or in connection with the users use of this website, third party websites or any of the services offered through such websites in any way, including but not limited to the provision of content.
No Offer / No Advice
- Users should regard nothing contained on this website as an offer but rather as an invitation to do business. Any information contained or views expressed in this website are not intended to constitute consulting or other professional advice or services.
Accuracy of Content
- At TECHNICAL BOOKS we have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in order to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. It must be understood, however, that orders will only be accepted and fulfilled if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as shown on this website. Product weight and dimensions although measured should be viewed as approximate only. If a product offered by TECHNICAL BOOKS is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in an unused and undamaged condition.
- Every effort has been made to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products as they appear on the website. Due to monitor variables and inconsistencies, however, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour on the website will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery and thus cannot accept responsibility for discrepancies in this regard.
- It is the User/s responsibility to ensure they are purchasing the correct item.
Quality Guarantee and Product Consistency
- At TECHNICAL BOOKS, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products and the product brands and manufacturers we endorse.
- In the unlikely event of a product being faulty or damaged on delivery we will gladly replace the item in question. This guarantee excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse, not following the instructions and normal wear and tear. Please see our Returns & Refunds policy.
Product Availability and Delays
- Every effort is made to fulfil and deliver your order within 2-4 weeks from order placement and payment confirmation. We will inform you as soon as possible if for any reason the manufacturing of the goods you have ordered are delayed or postponed due to material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand that is beyond our control. TECHNICAL BOOKS will supply you with an adjusted product availability and delivery timescale at which time you may choose to accept the adjusted fulfilment date or request a refund.
- You can correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click the ‘Place Order’ button on the final page of our ordering process.
Agreement and Terms of Sale
- Placing an item in a shopping basket or adding it to your wish list without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an agreement of sale between TECHNICAL BOOKS and any user/s. An agreement of sale only comes into effect, if and when, upon completion of the purchase cycle, a payment confirmation is received from the issuing bank. TECHNICAL BOOKS reserve the right to refuse to accept and / or execute an order without giving any reasons. TECHNICAL BOOKS also reserve the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate and shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the user.
- Please Note: Unless otherwise arranged, no goods or products will be supplied or dispatched without full and final payment being received for such goods.
- Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Your Order
- Acceptance of your order takes place upon order placement and resulting payment via the secure payment gateway. Having supplied us with your email address, we will notify you by e-mail confirming receipt of your order.
- Various reputable courier companies are contracted to deliver TECHNICAL BOOKS products within South Africa. Please review our Shopping & Shipping page for more detailed information.
- Please review the Returns & Refunds policy section of this website for more detailed information.
- Gift Certificates cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable or assignable. Only one Gift Certificate can be used per transaction. Gift Certificates can only be redeemed towards the products listed on the TECHNICAL BOOKS website and are not redeemable on orders already placed with TECHNICAL BOOKS.
Changes to Legal Notices, Cancellations & Amendments
- The website owner expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter or amend any criteria or information set out in this website without prior notice. Users acknowledge that it is their responsibility to familiarize themselves with any amendment or alteration affected.
- We are committed to respecting your privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of personal information you share with us. The phrase ‘personal information’ applies to any information by which you can be identified, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. The purpose of this policy is to explain how we handle information we collect from you during your visit to our website.
Collecting Information About You
- When you order or purchase a product, subscribe to a service or create your account we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, shipping / billing address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information if you select this payment option. Of this information your credit card details are not captured or stored on our database at all, as the entire transaction is handled by a Bank Approved Secure Gateway Service Provider who uses sophisticated encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal banking information. The other information such as your name and contact details are retained by our database and used to maintain a record of your product purchases enabling us to provide you with a professional service. For example, we may need to contact you via phone or e-mail to address questions or issues specific to your order.
- Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers or content on the TECHNICAL BOOKS website.
Using Information About You or Your School
- We use the personal information you provide for internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your order, subscription or registration, analysing trends and statistics and informing you of our new products, services or offers. We do not share or cross-reference your personal information with any other entity or partner whatsoever. When contracting with our service providers, such as a courier service, we only provide the information needed for them to perform these services.
- Although unlikely, in certain instances we may disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities that may be causing injury to you, to the TECHNICAL BOOKS brand or to others. We may also disclose your personal information when we believe the law requires it.
- Editing, Updating, Correcting and Deleting Information About You
- We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. Creating an account on the TECHNICAL BOOKS website is entirely voluntary and you can purchase items without having an account. The benefit of creating your own account is that, it enables you to check out faster, save multiple shipping addresses, access your order history, track new orders and save items to your wish list. You can update or change your account details yourself once signed in.
- If you’d like to subscribe to our newsletter, simply fill in the newsletter panel. If you prefer not to receive information from TECHNICAL BOOKS send us an E-mail to that effect and we will remove your details from our database.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our website, and you do so at your own risk.
- We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet café.
- Your Feedback